Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Wonderland



Today found me in winter wonderland: sun was shining all day, reflecting off the beautiful fresh powdery snow. Germany is perfect in the holiday times! So many families were out toboganning on what looked like last century -made wooden sleds, not a piece of plastic to be found! Others were simply walking off their Christmas meals and enjoying the fresh air, anyone from young couples strolling around to elderly ladies, with their power-walks on,-the park was quite a busy area!
After a quick break for early dinner, I remembered about the free Christmas concert at the Jacob's church. As expected, the church was full well before the service began and we only got seats upstairs on the little balcony. The view was quite limited, but I was happy to let my senses dive into the forgotten joy of live classical music. Lovely playful baroque minuets by Handel and amazing strings piece by Williams were played. It was neat not only to experience the music in a 17th century church but also to people-watch. I couldn't have imagined myself anywhere else that moment. This was a truly European/German experience.
In days like these I feel like I am where I'm supposed to be. Europe feels pretty great. And with New Year's  only few days away, it's time to start taking stock of things that transpired and get ready to welcome the new.










No comments:

Post a Comment